Vehicle Donation Program

Ready to free up space in your garage and do good in the community at the same time? Donate an unwanted vehicle to Crossroads Food Pantry and you will help feed families struggling with hunger in Pearl River County. Contact Bruce Bonnecarrere at 504-450-3294 or to schedule your pick up today. 

Vehicle Donation FAQs


Can I donate a car that doesn’t run?
We can take your vehicle running or not.

What can I donate?
We accept most cars, trucks, trailers, aircraft, boats, RV’s, motorcycles, off road vehicles, heavy equipment and other motorized vehicles.

What will happen to my car after it is donated?
We will assess your car to decide how to sell it to make the most we can from it. The proceeds of the vehicle’s sale will benefit Crossroads Food Pantry and you’ll receive a tax-deductible receipt in the amount the car sold for. If the value of your car is over $500, you will receive an IRS form 1098-C to submit with your taxes.

Is there any expense involved on my part, like towing charges?
No. There is absolutely no charge for donation processing or pickup.

Can I donate an abandoned car?
Unfortunately, we cannot accept abandoned cars. Contact the local police to list the vehicle as abandoned or find out if a local junkyard can pick up the car.

What areas do you service?
We will pick up vehicles in the following counties: Marion, Pearl River, Harrison and Hancock.

Can I donate a car whose owner passed away?
It depends. We can accept the car if you have a copy of the death certificate and documentation that you are the official inheritor of the deceased’s belongings.

Why donate a vehicle to charity?
• It’s a fast, easy way to get rid of an unwanted vehicle taking up space in your garage or driveway.
• You may reduce your taxable income when taxes are itemized.
• You can avoid the costs associated with selling your car such as advertising.
• Your donation will support Crossroads Food Pantry, which provides groceries to more than 75 struggling households each month.


Do I have to be home when you pick up my car?
No! Just remove all personal belongings from the car and leave the keys and title in the glove compartment.

What will I receive at the time of pickup?
You will receive a temporary receipt at the time of pickup. It will have all of your car’s information along with our name and phone number. Once the vehicle is sold, we will mail you a tax-deductible receipt, or, if the car sells for more than $500, we will send you an IRS form 1098-C to submit with your taxes.

How quickly can you pick up my car?
We can usually arrange to have your car picked up as quickly as necessary. We will contact you to schedule a pickup within 24 hours after you contact us. Pickup is usually scheduled for a day or two later, but if you need your car pickup up sooner than that, we’ll do our best to accommodate.

Who will pick up my car?
Bruce Bonnecarrere will pick up your car. You can reach him at 504-450-3294 or

Can you pick up my car if it’s not at my house?
Yes, as long as the title and the keys are in the glovebox.

Tax Deduction

How much will I receive as a tax deduction for my used car?
The IRS allows you to claim a tax deduction of:
a) The value of your vehicle up to $500. It is up to the donor to determine the fair market value.
b) The amount we sell your vehicle for, if the sale price is more than $500.
Crossroads Food Pantry is a classified 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. You can check with your tax advisor or accountant to determine the amount of your benefit. The deduction is of value only if the donor itemizes his or her deductions. For a more detailed overview the IRS publishes a Donors Guide to Car Donation.

How do you determine the value of my car?
We take into account many factors, including year, make/model, mileage and local market conditions. It is in our mutual best interest to sell your car for the most we can.

When will I receive my tax receipt?
You should receive your tax-deductible receipt, or an IRS form 1098-C, in the mail within 3-6 weeks of donating. You’ll also receive a temporary receipt at the time of pickup.

Plates & Titles

What should I do with my license plate after I donate my car?
You need to remove the license plate from the vehicle and take it to the county Tax Collector’s office. Once the tag is turned in, the record for the vehicle showing your name as owner will no longer be the current ownership record.

What do I need to know about signing my title?
When signing your title, please make certain that you print and sign your name as the “Seller” EXACTLY the way it appears on the face of the title.

Can I donate my car if I don’t have the title?
Only if the vehicle is 10 years old or older.

Become a Volunteer Today

Crossroads Food Pantry relies on volunteers and donations to feed those who are hungry in the northwest corner of Pearl River County. We are committed to serving God by serving others


Join Now

Get in Touch. Get Involved.


176 Old Crossroads W, Poplarville, MS 39470

Call Us: (601)799-3045

EMail Us: